The museum is now closed but open for browsing.
C4 is committed to protecting your privacy and is registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Your Twitter profile information which includes your Twitter handle/avatar
- Read Tweets from your timeline; and
- See who you follow;
- Enable you to Tweet your Item and/or Collection from the Museum.
The information that we ask you to provide when you submit your Item(s), or curate a Collection, will include, but may not be limited to:
- Your image of the item you are submitting,
- The item title
- A text only description of the item
- Any meta-tags you choose to add to the item
You are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide us with are correct and complete, and for informing us of any changes to the information you have provided.
We will use this information for the following purposes:
- To confirm that you are aged 16 or older and eligible to log-in to the Museum, submit Item(s) and/or create a Collection.
- to enable your Item(s) and/or Collection to be attributed to you and to display your Twitter handle and avatar in connection with the same; and
We may with or without notice to you, disclose your personal information, (a) in response to a request by law enforcement, a court order or other legal process; or (b) if we believe that doing so may protect your safety or the safety of others.
The personal information that you provide to us may be shared with staff, agents and sub-contractors who provide their services to us to run and host the website, but all use will be in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The image URL data, title and description of your Item and the title and description you provide for your Collection will be held securely on a password protected database.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of registered and non-registered visitors to the Museum. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your computer. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening (for example, using Internet Explorer select 'internet options' (see cookies information below).
We may amend this policy from time to time. Please check this page regularly.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, please contact us by way of our Contact Form
Last updated: 16 October 2014